Re: What holds the release (was: mouse-1-click-follows-link)

From: John S. Yates, Jr.
Subject: Re: What holds the release (was: mouse-1-click-follows-link)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:13:03 -0400

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 00:54:35 +0200, you wrote:

>             It's nice having good docs, but good docs aren't any
>good if they, and the features they document, stay on the CVS for
>years and years.

As a non-developer/lurker, who does NOT run a CVS pre-release
emacs but simply a fairly stock 21.4, I suspect that the team
that participates in this list has long since lost track of
what the standard distribution feels like.  Do you all not run
some fairly recent snapshot with all the accumulated features
and fixes for which the rest of the world has been waiting year?

/john