Re: What holds the release

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: What holds the release
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:48:56 +0200

> On 6/16/05, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I do not want to do releases more often by lowering the quality or
>> having outdated manuals.
>
> OK 100% wrt the manuals. "Lowering the quality" seems loaded
> language to me, given the different POVs about the relative
> importance of FOR-RELEASE items.

Stop right here.  That the various FOR-RELEASE items are rated
differently does not mean that people think they are all unimportant.

> And 100% disagree with you that branching for a release and leaving
> the trunk for new development would "divert resources" (you stated
> this position back then, if I'm not misremembering).

Stop right here again.  That people don't chime in and shout "me too,
me too" whenever Richard says something does not mean that they are in
disagreement.  If people don't consider it necessary of having the
same old arguments repeated all over again by more than one person,
that does not mean that they have become less valid.

So please refrain from assigning opinions to developers at your whim.
Speak for yourself.