RE: debug-on-entry question

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: debug-on-entry question
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:07:25 -0700

    >     change the interactive specification of
    >     `debug-on-entry' to call `function-called-at-point'.
    >
    > Yes. I've suggested this previously. When debugging, you are often
    > in an Emacs-Lisp buffer, and this is useful.

    _If_ you are in an Emacs-Lisp buffer and consequently have the source
    code of the function to be debugged available, edebug-defun is orders
    of magnitude more useful for debugging a particular function.

    debug-on-entry is much less convenient, but can be used without having
    the source at hand.

OK. I take that as an FYI about the usefulness and appropriateness of edebug
in a source-code buffer, but not as an argument not to let `debug-on-entry'
grab the function-at-point in its interactive spec.