Re: New dumping problem...

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: New dumping problem...
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:42:50 +0900

>>> When running make, could you try -R option with setarch?

>>> $ setarch i386 -R make

>> Thank you very much for looking into it.  I'm now home where
>> there's not the pc in which Fedore Core 4 is installed, but I'll
>> try that measure in Monday.  Did you succeed with it?

> Yes, I did.

I succeeded in building Emacs under Fedora Core 4 with:

./configure args... ; setarch i386 -R make bootstrap

Thanks again.

Even if I used the `-R' option, I also confirmed wrapping temacs
with `setarch i386 -R' when dumping Emacs (as described in
etc/PROBLEMS) was ineffective.

BTW, FC4 eats the C-SPC key for the `iiimx' program which is the
input method for (at least?) Japanese text by default, so I
couldn't use C-SPC for `set-mark-command' in Emacs.  Liang Zhao
kindly told me that it can be solved by removing `<Ctrl>space'
from the /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults/Iiimx file, and I put it into
practice.  Furthermore, I saw I can simply remove that file.
While I did so, I'm still able to start writing Japanese text in
gnome-terminal, Firefox, etc. using C-SPC or S-SPC.  Although I
cannot use C-SPC in Emacs started with the `-nw' option in
gnome-terminal, it will probably be solved by modifying the X
resources for gnome-terminal (I haven't found the way for that
yet, though).

Regards,