Re: Threads in emacs implementation

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Threads in emacs implementation
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:11:05 +0900

On 6/17/05, Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:
> This will make threads more of a utility than a true built-in, and
> threaded code would be written especially for that purpose.

Do you know of any applications that require this?  For many purposes,
using timers etc. seems to work fairly well already.

The main reason I can see for wanting threading is to allow users to
continue using Emacs in one window while waiting for another window
that's doing something (e.g. Gnus updating over a dialup).  However
that level of functionality is hard to implement.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.