Re: New dumping problem...

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New dumping problem...
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:51:34 -0400

    BTW, FC4 eats the C-SPC key for the `iiimx' program which is the
    input method for (at least?) Japanese text by default, so I
    couldn't use C-SPC for `set-mark-command' in Emacs.  Liang Zhao
    kindly told me that it can be solved by removing `<Ctrl>space'
    from the /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults/Iiimx file, and I put it into
    practice.

That requires you to be root.  Is there something an unprivileged
user can do, to achieve the same result?