Re: In FOR-RELEASE

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: In FOR-RELEASE
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:02:47 +0900

On 6/21/05, Stephen Eglen <address@hidden> wrote:
> With CVS of 2005-05-31, I still get occasional dumps (once/twice a
> week), and they usually seem to be when I'm going to get new mail
> using VM 7.17.  I am now running emacs under gdb again so the next
> time I get an error, I can send a backtrace to whoever wants to see
> it!  But am I the only one who sees them nowadays?

I've never had such a crash, but I don't use VM.  I have the
impression VM has always been a bit odd in some ways (in particular
its approach to encoding/decoding), so it may tickle some otherwise
rare bugs.

[Emacs has been pretty solid lately for me (the main crashing problems
I used to have were the old face cache bugs, but those seem to have
been fixed).]

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.