Re: fringe buffer-boundary bitmaps

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: fringe buffer-boundary bitmaps
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:49:16 +0000 (UTC)

Miles Bader wrote,

    I like to use Kim's fringe "buffer-boundary indicator" bitmap
    feature (set with the variable `indicate-buffer-boundaries'), but
    the default bitmaps are rather unpleasant ...

On testing, I prefer Kim's bitmaps.

I am not sure whether my preferences comes from a liking for
symmetrical images, such as top_left_angle_bits, or my high resolution
display, or something else.  The suggested continuation_bits map is
much too `thin' or `light' on my screen.

I have tried the suggested bitmaps both on an instance of Emacs
started with `emacs/src/emacs -Q -D' and on an instance started with
my usual colors and fonts.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8