Re: Gnus not escaping NBSP and soft-hyphen

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Gnus not escaping NBSP and soft-hyphen
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:43:57 +0900

On 6/22/05, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:
> This shows that show-trailing-whitespace is flexible enough to allow arbitrary
> customization, but escape-glyph is not.  There is a need for a buffer-local
> variable similar to show-trailing-whitespace to enable/disable highlighting
> of control characters and nbsp with escape-glyph face on a per-buffer basis.

What's wrong with `show-nonbreak-space'?

BTW, the variable-name (show-nonbreak-space) and the face
(no-break-space) should use consistent terminology (I prefer
"no-break" myself, but...).

Also, there seems to be a bug in that though -- non-nil, non-t values
of `show-nonbreak-space' switch to "show preceding escape-character
mode" for NBSP, but _turn off_ the preceding escape character for
soft-hyphen characters!

-miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.