Re: Custom themes

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Custom themes
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:27:32 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

   Could someone please document Custom themes in the Emacs manual?

I know nothing about them, but some naive questions:

Do they already work?  Are they used anywhere?  The command to create
a theme seems to be `customize-create-theme'.  Grepping seems to show
that it is not used once outside cus-theme.el, where it is defined.
Not one single theme appears to be defined in the Emacs source tree.
So it might seem too early to document them in the Emacs manual.  I
have the impression that an Emacs user who is not an Elisp programmer
needs pre-defined themes, to get any benefit from themes (but I may be
wrong).  The are not documented in the Elisp manual either.  I have no
idea whether or not it is too early to do that.

Sincerely,

Luc.