Re: Demonstration mode...

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Demonstration mode...
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 01:37:43 -0400

    > Is it that you use menus to invoke the commands?  How inconvenient.

    Definitely.  That's why I want to use the keyboard, but have it look
    like I would be using the mouse.  Which also shows the keyboard
    shortcuts in the menus.

But most Emacs keyboard commands don't have any equivalent menu items.
So this could only work for a narrow subset of possible input.

What if you use M-x to enter commands that are worth showing people?
They will see the "M-x COMMANDNAME" in the minibuffer, and that will
tell them what you're doing as well as a menu item would.