Re: File menu changes (suggestions)

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: File menu changes (suggestions)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:26:52 +0200

John S. Yates, Jr. wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:24:33 +0200, you wrote:

It isn't better a priori, but if it is widely used and lots of people
would have seen it, that would make it better.  What other programs
use "Remove split"?
I saw it in Word.

Yes, though I wonder how many Word users are aware of its existence
or actually use it.  OTOH Excel users use it all the time.
But at least in Word it is in another kind of context I believe:

- A window is what we call a frame. "Split Window" would be "Split Frame".
- You can only split in two parts.
- The two parts contains the same file.

In this context "Remove Split" is meaningful and does the opposite of "Split Window".