Re: Background mode

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Background mode
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:46:14 -0400

Thanks for working on this.

When sending patches here, would you please use diff -c, not diff -u?
I find I cannot understand a diff -u patch unless it is very simple.
When I try to read the lines and think about what they do,
I cannot keep track of which lines are old and which are new.

However, after some struggling, I was able to read this change.
It seems like a good idea, so please install it.  I think it should
be mentioned in NEWS, and maybe somewhere in a manual, but I am
not sure where.