From: Eli Zaretskii
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:38:38 +0200

> Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:51:10 +0200
> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
>
> On w32 the keyboard shortcuts for cut, copy and paste are shown as in
> the subject line. I still do not remember how to find them (I happily
> use cua-mode;-).

Some keyboards actually have keys labeled by those names.

> Does this look the same way on other platforms?

Every graphics display should present the same.  That is the result of
the call to menu-bar-enable-clipboard that is part of x-win.el,
w32-win.el, and mac-win.el.  They rebind Edit->Cut, Copy, and Paste to
special clipboard-* functions; those functions are not by default
bound to C-w, M-w, and C-y that I think you expected to find.

> Could not the actual keyboard shortcuts be used instead?

You mean, C-w etc.?  They invoke different functions.