Re: File menu changes (suggestions)

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: File menu changes (suggestions)
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:17:04 -0400

    - A window is what we call a frame. "Split Window" would be "Split Frame".
    - You can only split in two parts.
    - The two parts contains the same file.

    In this context "Remove Split" is meaningful and does the opposite of
    "Split Window".

Our "Split Window" operation does split into two parts that show
the same file (more generally, same buffer).  So "Remove Split"
fits well.  Both of them are more general than that, but I think
users will understand that generalization.

"Single Window" also seems like it might be a good name.

So it is between those two.