Re: Custom themes

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Custom themes
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:49:58 -0500 (CDT)

Stefan Monnier wrote:

   I think even a somewhat incorrect documentation would be a good thing
   because it would hopefully give us bug-reports that'll help us improve both
   the code and the doc.

I believe that the documentation I wrote is correct.

However, the problems that remain after my patches were somewhat
overstated in my original patch.  I propose to apply my patch with
this original paragraph:

;; *Please note*: this feature is experimental and needs more work.
;; In Emacs 22, it does not work very well, unless you do only very
;; basic things.  It is expected to work better in future Emacs versions.
;; In situations where `require-theme' does not seem to work, you can
;; just directly load this theme file to get the intended results.\n\n"

replaced with this:

;; *Please note*: this feature is experimental and needs more work.
;; In Emacs 22, everything should work fine if you only add and never
;; remove themes.  But removing themes only works seamlessly in very
;; basic situations.  In more complex usage, it may not work as expected.
;; For instance, after removing themes, `require-theme' might not produce
;; the expected results for themes that have already been added before.
;; In such situations, you can just directly load the theme file to get
;; the intended results.\n\n"

Sincerely,

Luc.