Re: Background mode

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Background mode
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:47:46 -0400

    I think diff -u is better when the goal is to show just the
    differences, but diff -c is better for changes in the middle of
    non-trivial code.

Different people have different preferences, but I need diff -c.
diff -u is always hard for me.

    Since `default-frame-background-mode' is not a user option, but an
    internal variable, then maybe it should be mentioned under the `Lisp
    Changes in Emacs 22.1' section of etc/NEWS?

I didn't know it was an internal variable.  That being so,
this shouldn't be mentioned in NEWS.  The only user-level impact
of this is to fix a bug, and we don't mention bug fixes in NEWS.