Re: Race-condition ?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Race-condition ?
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 01:50:49 +0200

Gaëtan LEURENT wrote:

Now, as for as I can tell, there is no way to move a file asking the
user what to do if needed and avoid every race-conditions in a Unix-like
OS. I will try to come with a solution that avoids the worse problems.
That reminds me of that I long ago read someone who found that the most interesting piece of programming he had ever done was for implementing file move. Unfortunately I do not remember who or where I read this - of course...