Re: Do Re Mi (was: Q on Text Properties popup menu-shouldn'titusethepoin

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Do Re Mi (was: Q on Text Properties popup menu-shouldn'titusethepointerposition, not the cursor position?)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 00:42:58 +0000 (UTC)

       Perhaps you could simply adapt the four color selectors
       available in the GIMP ...

   Where can they be found?

For the sources, take a look at    http://www.gimp.org/source/

For examples, in an instance of the GIMP, double click on the
foreground/background item of the main control frame.

       Obviously, one wants to change more than one color component at
       the same time...

   Not so obvious to me. ...

My apologies; I was not clear.  I meant:  if you change a background,
then you may well want to change a foreground in a coordinated
fashion.  If, as you say, you can move from one to the next easily and
keep a sample of the previously set color, then you are fine.

The key is keeping a sample of the previously set color (unless you
have very good color memory; and few do).  The interfaces I have seen
show you the previous color of the one you are currently setting in a
big rectangle.  You also will want to see previously set colors.

Each of the four the GIMP color interfaces has a set of squares
showing the previously set colors.  Maybe all they need is to be made
bigger and closer to the `current setting' rectangle.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8