Re: Bugs in newly added completion capabilities.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Bugs in newly added completion capabilities.
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:50:07 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

       The problem is that try-completion and friends try to handle both
       lists of symbols and anonymous lambda expressions.

   Looking at the code, I don't think they do.  It does not try to
   handle a list of symbols--and, because of the conflict you mentioned,
   it should not try.

   I think we should document that a simple list of symbols is NOT
   allowed, but that you can add "" as the first element to make that
   list into a legitimate completion table.

   Can you fix your custom thread patch to do that?

My latest revised patches no longer make `custom-do-theme-reset'
interactive, so that the problem no longer exists.  (But it could
easily crop up in other places, using lists of symbols for completion
appears to be natural).

Sincerely,

Luc.