Re: Documentation not clear for the Lisp function set-variable

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Documentation not clear for the Lisp function set-variable
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:42:57 -0400

     - allows setting aliases of user options
     - does *not* filter out obsolete variables
     - shows a 3-seconds warning when the variable (alias or not) being
    set is obsolete;
       the warning includes the CURRENT-NAME information from
    `make-variable-obsolete'
     - does not show a warning for aliases (I don't think it's necessary
    to single out aliases
       if they aren't obsolete, and when they are, they already produce a
warning)

I think all of those are the right thing.  Thanks.