Re: Bugs in newly added completion capabilities.

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Bugs in newly added completion capabilities.
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:43:04 -0400

    My latest revised patches no longer make `custom-do-theme-reset'
    interactive, so that the problem no longer exists.  (But it could
    easily crop up in other places, using lists of symbols for completion
    appears to be natural).

Could you fix the doc strings, and the manual, to explain that a list
of symbols needs "" at the front in order to be valid as a completion
table?

    But what about the other problem I mentioned.  Should
    `test-completion' not one way or the other be made consistent with
    `try-completion' and `all-completions'.  Kim adapted the latter two to
    handle symbols in alists and hash tables, but not test-completion.
    Thereby, the former symmetry between the three is gone.

I agree, test-completion should be fixed.  Would you like
to fix that?