Re: Diff mode faces

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Diff mode faces
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:30:23 -0400

    On TTY it classifies colors as follows:

    Dark:  black red green blue
    Light: magenta yellow cyan white

    But on xterm it is quite different:

    Dark:  black red green blue magenta yellow cyan
    Light: white

That anomaly could be worth fixing.

    According to this classification, yellow is a dark color,
    as it were suitable as a foreground color for light backgrounds.

I think that is a non-issue.  Emacs never chooses foreground colors
based on such a classification.  The only thing Eacs does based on
this classification is to set the background mode.  So this
classification has no relevance for anything else.

    OTOH, the formula I proposed in January produces the same
    classification on TTY, xterm and X as:

    Dark:  black red green blue magenta
    Light: yellow cyan white

Could you propose it again now?