Re: New dumping problem...

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: Re: New dumping problem...
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 07:48:22 +0900 (JST)

>     The test may pass any linux kernel which has personality system call.
>     I guess there is no way to test.
>
> It is easy to test whether that system call exists.
> That is what Autoconf is good at.
>
> If that is all we need to test, let's do it.

No. The test whether that system call exists was already done by Jan D.
I have just added a flag to a parameter which is passed to the personality
system call for Fedora Core 4. Linux kernel shipped with FC[1-3] just ignores
the flag. The flag affects a kernel shipped with FC4. As the result it is not
so meaningful to test whether the flag is effective or not with autoconf; the
test will never be failed on any environment where the personality system call
is available.

Masatake YAMATO