Re: Some error info from configure.bat please

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Some error info from configure.bat please
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 18:53:44 +0200

> Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 14:32:12 +0200
> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I would like to use this in a cmd file to see if the build should
> continue after config.bat.
>
> My config.log looks like this:
>
>     gcc -c junk.c
>     junk.c:1:29: cygwin/version.h: No such file or directory
>     The failed program was:
>     #include "cygwin/version.h"
>     main(){}
>     gcc -Id:/g/include -c junk.c
>     gcc -c -O2 -mtune=pentium4 junk.c
>     cc1.exe: invalid option `tune=pentium4'
>     The failed program was:
>     main(){}
>     gcc -Id:/g/include  -c junk.c -o junk.obj
>     gcc -Id:/g/include  -c junk.c -o junk.obj
>     gcc -Id:/g/include  -c junk.c -o junk.obj
>     gcc -Id:/g/include  -c junk.c -o junk.obj
>     gcc -Id:/g/include  -c junk.c -o junk.obj
>
> Does it give me any information I can check from the cmd file?

It does say, e.g., that you use a somewhat old version of GCC which
does not support the -mtune=pentium4 option.

If that output is not enough, we could add some more text to what is
written to config.log, and you could then look for it with findstr or
some such.  For example, if all you care for is whether configure.bat
succeeded, we could have configure.bat echo something like "configure
FAILED" to the end of config.log.

> >What ``working command files'' are we talking about?
> >
> My own. I use to upload copies of them to the net.

So I guess we are not talking about command files you want to add to
the Emacs sources, yes?