Re: dolist?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: dolist?
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 20:33:23 +0200

Lennart Borgman wrote:

I am trying to use dolist in the function below. When I comment out the line marked below I only get the first det from detlst. What is wrong? Is dolist a no-no? Or is this a bug?

Since I sent my last update reply on this to myself instead of the list I am trying again...

Here is a better example for testing. Please test this with the marked message commented out and not commented out. Just put it in a buffer and eval it.

Am I doing something seriously silly? Has someone checked this or should I file a bug?

   --lennart

******** Test example, run with marked line COMMENTED OUT/NOT COMMENTED OUT. Check *Messages*.
(defconst assoc-assoc-list nil)
(setq assoc-assoc-list
     '(
       ("cedet-1.03b"
        (
         (description . "CEDET")
         (install-function . 'cedet-setup)
         ))
       ("nxml-mode-20041004"
        (
         (description . "NXML")
         (install-function . 'nxml-setup)
         ))
       ))

(defun check-detail(consdet)
 (unless nil
;;(message " consdet=%s" consdet) ;; <---- does not work unless this is NOT commented out
   )
 (let ((detname (car consdet)))
(message (concat " ... checking detail \"" (symbol-name detname) "\""))))

(defun check-list()
 (message "Checking package list detail names...")
 (mapc
  (lambda (pack)
    (let ((detlst (nth 1 pack)))
      (when detlst
        (message "\ndetlst=%s" detlst)
        (mapc 'check-detail detlst))))
  assoc-assoc-list))

(check-list)

********** If run with marked line COMMENTED OUT it gives this:
Checking package list detail names...

detlst=((description . CEDET) (install-function quote cedet-setup))
   ... checking detail "install-function"

detlst=((description . NXML) (install-function quote nxml-setup))
   ... checking detail "install-function"

********** If run with marked line NOT COMMENTED OUT it gives this:
Checking package list detail names...

detlst=((description . CEDET) (install-function quote cedet-setup))
   consdet=(description . CEDET)
   ... checking detail "description"
   consdet=(install-function quote cedet-setup)
   ... checking detail "install-function"

detlst=((description . NXML) (install-function quote nxml-setup))
   consdet=(description . NXML)
   ... checking detail "description"
   consdet=(install-function quote nxml-setup)
   ... checking detail "install-function"