Re: Some error info from configure.bat please

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Some error info from configure.bat please
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 23:37:29 +0200

Juanma Barranquero wrote:

It *is* possible to build info on Windows without having to build
makeinfo yourself; it's tricky, though, and you've got to have the
right combination of info, makeinfo, install-info and make.

I would be glad if you explained a bit more. I wrote some instructions for building on w32 and I surely noted you needed a special combination of programs sometimes, like make and makeinfo. I was trying to get things working with MSYS then. I even wrote a perl script to check things. (It does not try to know all working combinations, it just warns if it can't recognize the combination used. For more info se EmacsW32, start at http://www.emacswiki.org/ or go to http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html.)

I never noticed any programs named "info" or "install-info" was needed when doing this. What are you referring to?