Re: Some error info from configure.bat please

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Some error info from configure.bat please
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 10:19:20 +0200

>> From the vole itself: SFU
>> <URL:http:http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/sfu/>.
>
> I assume that is a derivation of the Interix stuff they bough a few
> years ago?

Yes.  And it is, well, free as in "you don't need to pay for it,
`just' register with us".  It actually is supposed to contain gcc,
g++, gdb and some other GPLed software.  Which is sort of amusing,
giving all the licensing FUD from Microsoft.

> On the non-free front, for those so inclined, there's MKS:
> http://www.mkssoftware.com/
>
> BTW, where did originate the Vole = Microsoft meme? Perhaps related
> to genus Microtus...?

Maybe
<URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Votes_for_deletion/Microsoft_vole>
helps somewhat.