Re: Emacs load-path and Mac OS X

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Emacs load-path and Mac OS X
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 15:10:03 +0100

On 3 Jul 2005, at 14:35, Peter Dyballa wrote:

Probably in winter (as usual one season after the planned autumn date) a new TeXLive DVD will come. In the Mac OS X department it might well have a Carbon or more aquaish GNU Emacs version (and an XEmacs too?) as text editor (with AUCTeX and preview-latex). Recently the application support structure for typical Mac OS X tools is not supported in GNU Emacs. Couldn't you make /Library/ Application Support/Emacs and ${HOME}/Library/Application Support/ Emacs, both with a <space> in the directory name, natural ingredients of src/epaths.h in the PATH_LOADSEARCH macro or a similiar place?

If people are interested in this, you can take the code from Aquamacs that does this stuff. (not in epaths.h though!)
It loads the files in a useful order and also adds all subdirectories.
We now also load every site-start.el file in the path, thereby supporting automatically installed plugins.
Ask me for code if interested.

(ATSUI support then could be fine too!)

Good point - I was wondering about the status of that recently.

-- D