RE: Incorrect indentation after :name

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Incorrect indentation after :name
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 15:29:35 -0700

    (add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook
              #'(lambda ()
                  (turn-on-eldoc-mode)
                  (unless (assoc-string "cl-indent" load-history) (load
    "cl-indent" nil t))
                  (set (make-local-variable 'lisp-indent-function)
    'common-lisp-indent-function)
                  (setq lisp-indent-maximum-backtracking 10)
                  (put 'define-derived-mode 'common-lisp-indent-function
    '(4 4 4 2 &body))
                  (put 'if 'common-lisp-indent-function '(nil nil &body))))

I like it. Why isn't this indentation the default for emacs-lisp-mode and
lisp-interaction-mode (and maybe lisp-mode)?

Do most people prefer the first of these? The second seems clearer to me
(list vs function call).

1. '(foo bar   and (foo bar
         toto)          toto)

2. '(foo bar   and (foo bar