Re: Darwin support for lisp/battery.el.

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: Darwin support for lisp/battery.el.
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:41:30 -0400

On Jul 3, 2005, at 18:46, David Kastrup wrote:
So the proper verbage in this context would be "Linux" and "Darwin
kernel".  In neither case does GNU come into play.  If one wants to
drive home some point, one can say "Linux kernel" and "Darwin
kernel".

I don't think the two cases are quite that similar. In one case, Emacs is interacting with a file or directory interface provided by the Linux kernel; in the other, Emacs is communicating with a program called "pmset", the implementation of which, in theory, doesn't have to be tied to any particular OS kernel.

(And, BTW, the "-g ps" arguments given don't seem to do anything on my laptop running 10.3, kernel 7.9.0; I don't know if that means it's just not a supported option on my laptop for some reason, which would seem kind of strange, or if the "ps" option wasn't added until 10.4.)

Ken