Re: Changing occur-hook to occur-functions

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Changing occur-hook to occur-functions
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 10:00:44 +0200

On 7/4/05, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:

> Why do you think it is a mistake?  It doesn't work with `occur-mode-hook'.

Neither does with `occur-hook'. You have to add

 (lambda () (occur-rename-buffer t))

to `occur-mode-hook' for it to work.  That's why I proposed to add a
new parameter INTERACTIVE-P to `occur-rename-buffer' so it can be just
dropped onto the hook.

Moreover, originally the `occur-rename-buffer' docstring talked about
`occur-mode-hook'. I (mistakenly) changed it a while back when I
renamed `occur-mode-hook' to `occur-hook' and moved it from
`occur-mode' to `occur-1'. Almost immediately I realized
`occur-mode-hook' was still needed and I re-added it, but I didn't
change back the docstring for `occur-rename-buffer'.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u