Re: Fixing report-emacs-bug

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Fixing report-emacs-bug
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 12:24:19 +0200

But I think what we could do is have sendmail.el issue a 'sendmail -
    q' command, which flushes the mail queue if the mail system is
    running. If not, you get this:

That would work too.

However, I am wondering if there is some confusion.
If Postfix is running, why doesn't sendmail.el send out
mail thru Postfix?

Postfix is not running by default on Mac. Mostly the mail programs used (Mail.app, Thunderbird, Mozilla, etc) talks directly with SMTP to whatever host has been configured in that program.

    Jan D.