Re: Changing occur-hook to occur-functions

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Changing occur-hook to occur-functions
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 00:39:33 +0200

> The change you intend seems to be that occur-rename-buffer will always
> generate a unique name, when called interactively.

Just the opposite. The function is designed to be executed
interactively (it is bound to a key in the occur map), and I don't
want to change its behavior. But its docstring suggests adding it to
`occur-mode-hook', which is a reasonable thing to do if you always
want a new name.

In order for this to work, *without* changing its current behavior, I
want to add an INTERACTIVE-P argument, as recommended in the docstring
of `interactive-p', so I can detect that it is being executed directly
with no arguments and no as an interactive call without arguments.
That way,

  (add-hook 'occur-mode-hook 'occur-rename-bufferf)

works, and so the user can simply add `occur-rename-buffer' to
`occur-mode-hook' via the customize interface...

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u