Re: w32-pass-lwindow-to-system does not work as expected

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: w32-pass-lwindow-to-system does not work as expected
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 21:53:13 +0200

On 7/5/05, Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Very nice, but it would be even better if it actually did the right thing.

Well, certainly your claim that `w32-pass-lwindow-to-system' does not
work as documented is just wrong. It does. The fact that Windows
reclaims some of these bindings is another matter altogether, and yes,
perhaps it could be circumvented (not "fixed", unless you're talking
of fixing Windows) via a keyboard hook. I would recommend against it,
at this moment. This would be new, low level code, to fix a misfeature
of Windows, and there seem to be no much user request for it.

It's not like there's a shortage of bindings. You can bind [apps],
[lwindow], [rwindow] and a lot of combinations of them.

If I had to single out a keyboard feature that I would like changed,
is being able to block [language-change]. It currently have it set to
a message box to show when it happens, but it *is* irritating.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u