Re: w32-pass-lwindow-to-system does not work as expected

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: w32-pass-lwindow-to-system does not work as expected
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:42:36 +0200

Juanma Barranquero wrote:

On 7/5/05, Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:

The documentation is correct, no
Start Menu is opened if the variable is nil. However I would believe
that the author wanted to use this key in Emacs. It is however still not
possible, the key is tighed to Explorer still.

Did you set `w32-lwindow-modifier'? I have it set to hyper and I've
been using H-key bindings for quite a long time.

It is true that some bindings are "stolen" by Windows: H-b, H-d, H-e,
H-f, H-l, H-m, H-r and H-u, AFAIK (also H-Pause, which brings the
System control panel applet). But you still have the rest, and all S-
and C- modified keys).

Very nice, but it would be even better if it actually did the right thing.