Re: w32-pass-lwindow-to-system does not work as expected

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: w32-pass-lwindow-to-system does not work as expected
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 00:24:03 +0200

Juanma Barranquero wrote:

I don't see. When the variable is non-nil, Emacs does not pass the
lwindow key to Windows. Windows grabs it at a lower level; that's
unrelated to what Emacs does or says it does.
It is not on a lower level in that sense. Emacs can (I believe) prevent the key to pass to windows, but it does not.

I've seen that too. But in this case, and speaking from my experience
only, I tested it, quickly discovered that some keys where always
intercepted by Windows, and happily started using the ones that it
didn't grab. Most users don't read docs, but the ones that do usually
are able to do a little experimenting, don't you think?
It is a matter of time I think.

gain seems, to my admittedly uninformed opinion, unwise.
We are all trying to make good guesses of course ;-)