Address changes in "COPYING"

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Address changes in "COPYING"
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:35:10 +0200

Hello,

the recent batch of address changes also affected a lot of "COPYING"
files.  Those now start with

                    GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
                       Version 2, June 1991

 Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
                       51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301  USA
 Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
 of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

While the Free Software foundation is the copyright holder and thus
allowed to change this document at a whim, I think I remember that the
license with a corrected address was called something different, like
Version 2.01.  It is probably not the worst idea to keep this
consistent.

On the other hand, there is a _lot_ of software (including the Linux
kernel) around that may only be licensed under GPL version 2, so it
would be convenient if the address change did not count as a version
change.  After all, it occurs outside of the actual terms and
conditions.