Re: theming (was: Sorting of directories in dired)

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: theming (was: Sorting of directories in dired)
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 19:59:43 +0100

On 7 Jul 2005, at 19:39, Robert J. Chassell wrote:

Quick question:  does Aquamacs require changes in the C code for just
in the Emacs Lisp?

As stated in my original post: "we patch the c core".
But the vast majority of changes comes from .el packages (in site- lisp). Other distributions such as Carbon Emacs supply Lisp code in the same way.

If the former, you need to build Emacs differently.

We are building Emacs slightly differently. We're also planning to precompile more of our stuff into a dumped Emacs binary, in order to speed up startup time.

- D