Re: Sorting of directories in dired

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Sorting of directories in dired
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 21:53:01 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

And what, may I ask, do you use outside Emacs?  Isn't it "ls -l"? ;-)

Uhm..., I have done that a couple of times...

Sadly enough I am working mostly from the cmd shell. I have tried for example MSYS sh, but I found that the integration with ms windows is not good enough for me. The cmd shell has become better and better. It simply takes too long time to try to use some sh now.

That is also what I have found with my previous tries with Emacs. The documentation has been bad on the windows side so those of us windows only users who survive as Emacs users do that in resistance to the resistance we meet. Everything has taken much, much time. Considering that that time is taken from us who wants to promote free software it seems to me to be a bad strategy not to help users on w32 as much as we can. The majority of the computer users are using w32 (as I guess you know ...;-)

I thought I should try to change what w32 users are meeting, but I can not do that alone ;-)

Whenever I want to write scripts I use perl.