Re: SPC in custom-mode

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: SPC in custom-mode
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 23:21:27 +0200

Peter Whaite wrote:

A common use of SPC (web browsers, w32 programs) is to "push the button" when keyboard focus is on the button. I think that would be better - at least when focus is on a button.

Thats in dialogs (not browser windows e.g.), and there I always use ENTER for
pushing buttons.  I do that in custom buffers too.
I just tested Firefox. SPC scrolls forward and S-SPC backward - unless you are on a button (like a normal button, checkbox or radiobutton). In that case SPC "clicks" the button.

Perhaps info mode was made to mimic less :-).
I did use less for a long time until I found a good editor...

Must we always go the windows gui route?  Being able to use the left
mouse to push buttons is a good change, but I prefer to retain the unixy
less-like behaviour for scrolling around in read only buffers.
Firefox decided do as less for SPC but not for BSPC as far as I understand. I like the ability to be able to scroll forward with SPC. The only thing I am suggesting is that this behaviour should perhaps be changed when point is on a button. However this is by no means a big thing.