Re: SPC in custom-mode

From: Peter Whaite
Subject: Re: SPC in custom-mode
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 19:18:44 -0400

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:

> I just tested Firefox. SPC scrolls forward and S-SPC backward - unless you are
> on a button (like a normal button, checkbox or radiobutton). In that case SPC
> "clicks" the button.

Details, details :-), but you're right -- thats what it does.

I guess that means on pages where there are no links, and in which there
is nothing but controls, you can't use SPC to scroll.

> I like the ability to be able to scroll forward with SPC. The only
> thing I am suggesting is that this behaviour should perhaps be changed
> when point is on a button. However this is by no means a big thing.

I dont think it should be changed.  Custom buffers are essentially a
long form containing only buttons.  In order to SPC scroll you would
have to move point off the button, and that sounds very inconvenient.

Why not just keep it simple.  SPC scrolls.  ENTER activates.

--
Peter Whaite