Re: SPC in custom-mode

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: SPC in custom-mode
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 00:36:55 -0400

    Must we always go the windows gui route?  Being able to use the left
    mouse to push buttons is a good change, but I prefer to retain the unixy
    less-like behaviour for scrolling around in read only buffers.

I agree with you.  There is no reason to make SPC "push buttons" in Emacs.
People, let's please drop that idea.

The amount of discussion going on now is distracting.  Even ignoring
the Windows-specific and Mac-specific issues, I can't read it all.
Please don't raise any more issues now.