Re: [h-e-w] Re: Patch to fix frame positioning with negative top/leftval

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Patch to fix frame positioning with negative top/leftvalues on Windows
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 20:38:51 +0100

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

>     > Windows, when you evaluate this Elisp code:
>     >
>     >         (make-frame '((top . -1) (left . -1)))
>     >
>     > the new frame will not be positioned with its bottom-right
>     corner in the
>     > bottom-right of the display.

> I don't understand your reply, sorry. Are you saying that Francis's bug fix
> will break "..." or that the reported bug (symptom quoted above) will break
> "..."? Are you saying we shouldn't try to fix this bug because that might
> break something else?

I didn't understand the bug fix. I thought it was changing the way the
frame was positioned when negative arguments are given, however it
seems that misfeature already exists, and this fix was only a subtle
change to that misfeature. So this bug fix is not the problem, it is
the misfeature of treating negative coordinates specially.