Re: Incorrect indentation after :name

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Incorrect indentation after :name
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:29:28 +0200

On 7/8/05, Richard M. Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am not sure which of the two you are preferring.  However, I can
> state that the first pattern above is the way Emacs is supposed to
> indent an if expression.

That's the one I prefer (the first one).

> This is not going to be changed--please let's not spend time talking
> about such a change.

I was not talking about such a change. Someone else was talking about
making a change which would not affect elisp `if's, but would have the
side effect that Common Lisp `if's edited with `lisp-indent-function'
set to `common-lisp-indent-function' would indent like the elisp
`if's, instead of both the THEN and ELSE parts at the same indentation
depth as they currently do. Apparently, Lawrence Mitchell didn't like
that.

I was merely stating that I think the Emacs way to indent `if' seems
*much* better to me even for Common Lisp `if's.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u