Re: Is there any way to have a string literal that is read "raw"

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Is there any way to have a string literal that is read "raw"
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:54:12 -0400

Windows-only features are unacceptable because their focus is to make
the use of Windows more convenient, and that does not contribute to
the goal of freedom.  We want to replace Windows and other non-free
software with free software.  Work that only makes Windows easier to
use is working against our goal.

If a program would run only on Windows, we recommend that people not
write that program at all.  If we were to distribute such a program,
that would put us in a hypocritical position.  So we don't distribute
such programs, and we hope you won't write them.