Re: Directory name completion question for CVS Emacs

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Directory name completion question for CVS Emacs
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:47:45 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:
"CVS/" is a member of `completion-ignored-extensions' in both versions of
Emacs (21 and 22). I'm asking why it should behave that way despite that.

Because the "foo/" form in completion-ignored-extensions didn't work in
Emacs-21, so the "CVS/" entry had no effect whatsoever.

Perhaps we should also make it so the "/foo/" form also works, for specifying that only subdirectories called "foo" should be matched, not directories like "barfoo" that merely end in "foo".