Re: Real constants

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Real constants
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:14:06 -0400

I don't want to introduce defining of "real constants" in Emacs.
It would be added complexity that we don't need, and that
as far as I can see does not serve a purpose.

The motivation for the suggestion appears to be an idea of
completeness.  Emacs has a bit that makes a symbol constant, so why
not add a construct to set that bit.  But adding features for mere
completeness would mean doing a lot of extra work for little or no
benefit.

Please don't propose new Emacs features for mere completeness' sake.