Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:29:53 +0100

Lennart Borgman wrote:

I just want to tell that w32 still have no working emacsclient/server. Gnuserver/client is a workaround, but as far as I understand this can currently not be part of Emacs because of license problems.

This sums up (in my opinion) that we can not distribute a fully working Emacs on w32. What should we do about this?

Lennart,

I am not sure what you are suggesting here. Are you suggesting that we withdraw all support for Windows due to the support we do have not being "fully working"? Are you suggesting that someone(TM) should drop every thing else in their life and port emacsclient now? If so, are you willing to pay for that to happen?

What is wrong with carrying on with what we have been doing for the last 10 years, ie doing the best we can with the limited resources we have?