RE: w32 does not have emacsclient/server

From: klaus.berndl
Subject: RE: w32 does not have emacsclient/server
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:36:51 +0200

Lennart Borgman wrote:
> Jason Rumney wrote:
>

>>> I have suggested that there might be too few developers on the w32
>>> side. In that sense it may actually be part of a strategy.
>>

>> There is no conspiracy here. The number of developers reflects the
>> number of volunteers.
>
> I am not at all talking about conspiracy. I am trying to tell what I
> suspect the current strategy leads to. (I e too few volunteers.) Sorry
> if my words where misleading, no insult was meant.
>
> However that was not the main purpose of my message. Please write
> about
> the problem I took up (no emacsclient/server on w32) and possible
> solutions.

Whats wrong with the situation extisting the last 10 years (estimated ;-):
1. Installing w32-emacs
2. Installing gnuserv/gnuclient
3. setting up gnuserv/gnuclient (AFAIK ~ 2 line in .emacs)
4. Having a well working Emacs-server on w32...

This is fully sufficient until a working emacsserver/client comes
up for w32 - at least for me ;-)

Ciao,
Klaus